ran e-Visa (Iran electronic visa) has launched by the Ministry of foreign Affairs – Islamic Republic of IRAN to make it easier to apply for an Iran tourist visa online.
Citizens of over 180 countries are eligible to use the Iran electronic visa. The United Kingdom, United States, Canada, Jordan, Somalia, Colombia, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Bangladesh and India are excluded.
Based on mutual agreements, citizens of some countries are exempt from applying for a visa to enter Iran. They include the citizens of the Republic of Azerbaijan, Bolivia, Turkey, Syria, Lebanon, Georgia, Armenia, Venezuela, Egypt and Malaysia.
Iran E visa (Iran electronic visa): How Does It Operate?
According to the information provided by Iran MFA, applying for an Iran e Visa is easy and takes only a few minutes. Applicants will have to go to the address www.e_visa.mfa.ir/en to make their online application.
Visa applicants must submit a completed Online Non-immigrant Visa Application for all non-immigrant visa categories, including applicants applying for Entry, Tourist, Work, Treatment, Press, Student, Family, and Investment visas.
Once the Application is submitted to Iran E visa Department, consular Officers use the information entered on the application to process the visa application and, may be combined with a personal interview, determine an applicant’s eligibility for a non-immigrant visa.
Iran Online Visa: Important Notice
- Take care to answer all questions on the electronic visa application form accurately and completely; otherwise, you may have to reapply your application and reschedule your visa interview appointment.
- Electronically submitting your online application is only the first step in the visa application process. Once you have electronically submitted your online visa application, you must contact the embassy or consulate at which you wish to apply to confirm whether you need to be interviewed by an officer, and to schedule an interview.
- You can find a list of Islamic Republic of IRAN embassies and consulates on ministry of foreign affairs website. If the embassy or consulate at which you apply informs that you must have a visa interview, the visa application process cannot be completed until you appear for an interview with a consular officer.
Things that you should know before applying for Iran e-visa (Iran electronic visa):
- Persons who may have dual nationality should announce their nationality based on the travel documents/passport that they wish to carry.
- In case nationality printed on visa is incompatible with nationality printed on passport, visa will be null and void.
- An applicant may not be granted Iran visa unless his/her passport is valid for at least six months.
- Please make sure the photo you wish to upload meets all the requirements.